Sedona Photography Symposium – Scholarship Program
Deadline: April 19, 2020
The 2021 Sedona Photography Symposium will provide an amazing opportunity for scholarship recipients to meet and study with some of the top professionals in nature and landscape photography!
“The Symposium changed the way I shoot for the better and made me more efficient in the field. The way I compose my images is now more deliberate and I am more mindful of the way each element in my frame interacts with one another thanks to my time in the field with the instructors.” –Aaron Martinez, 2019 Scholarship Recipient
“There was an incredible amount of information available from so many amazing photographers. It was wonderful to be a part of such an amazing community and gathering of like-minded and similarly passionate people.” –Kelly Briarton, 2019 Scholarship Recipient
Our 2019 Scholarship Recipients
Up to four scholarships will be awarded, funded through the generosity of an anonymous donor. Each recipient will be provided with the following:
- Full registration and admission to keynote and featured presentations and breakout sessions at the Main Symposium;
- Hotel room (shared with another same-gender scholarship recipient or private);
- Two (2) outings to photograph in a small group with a top professional;
- At least one dinner provided; and
- The chance to network with mentors and other photographers throughout the Symposium.
To qualify you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age by August 1, 2020
- Be able to bring a camera to the symposium
- Be able to provide your own transportation to and from Sedona, Arizona.
You don’t have to be an artist or photographer. You don’t even have to call yourself a photographer, but you will be much more of one when you leave this Symposium! Review the Symposium event schedule and break-out session options on our Schedule page.
1. Submit the online application .
2. Submit 5 (five) photos to the Scholarship Committee. Requirements for submitting online digital photos:
i. Online submissions must be in JPG format, sRGB color profile and less than 10mb in size.
ii. Submissions must each be labeled as follows: Last name_First Initial_Title_1of5 (etc.) (e.g., Smith_J_Moonbow_1of5; Smith_J_Sunshine_2of5 etc.).
iii. For each photo provide a brief statement about how these images represent the depth and breadth of your work. For example, “I included this photo because it shows how I use foreground elements in my night photography to provide depth in my images.”
iv. E-mail your 5 digital photos and accompanying brief statements to: email@example.com .
Don’t miss your chance to attend the 2020 Sedona Photography Symposium!
The application process closes April 19, 2020.
Applicants will be notified of scholarship decisions after May 31, 2020.
Our Sincere Thanks to our Distinguished Sponsors
Join Our Mailing List
Error: Access Token for sedona_photo_symposium is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.